Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Administrator Survivor

Unhappy Whitelist Server - Decommissioned!

The Whitelist Server has now been officially decommissioned.
    All tents have been moved to Taviana #2.
    All Whitelist applications will be kept and can still be used if we (for some reason) decide on whitelisting again.

I know this will come as a shock to many of you, and plenty of players will be pissed with our decision.
    We made this choice based on the following:
    1. Only 1-10 players were using it the majority of the time. It didn't meet the target we set out over 3 months ago.
    2. The application process is time consuming for both players and admins. The only guys who seem to make whitelisting work well are BMRF (who are the rare exception here)
    3. 90% of players were using it solely for farming. We didn't care initially as we planned on having it full (which would have minimised this behaviour). Unfortunately this is not the case.
    4. CPU, RAM & Bandwidth can be better utilised elsewhere, such as on new projects. We already have an Arma 3 server running and are toying with the idea of a DayZ Namalsk server (with the help of Keyhole International).
    5. We'd like to focus our player population on just two public Taviana servers. Generally speaking, increased players = more interesting gameplay.

Another request from our players was that we have a public day/night server. This is now Taviana #2, it is no longer 24/7 daytime.

Sincerely,

Your abusive admin,
    - Knobbin

Member Got some BeanZ
    ill admit i only used it for farming and learning to fly the osprey and mi17...

whats the details for the Arma 3 server? is it wasteland or is it going to be a dayz server?

are NVGs available on #2?

Administrator Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Australia View Post
    ill admit i only used it for farming and learning to fly the osprey and mi17...

whats the details for the Arma 3 server? is it wasteland or is it going to be a dayz server?

are NVGs available on #2?
    OK. I've just re-enabled NVG's, flares, torches, chem lights etc.. on Taviana #2. Should take effect on the 3PM (GMT+10) server restart.

As for our Arma 3 server. It's more experimental at this stage. We had Wasteland Alpha running for a little while but the stability is a big problem for us atm. We will most likely go with a Namalsk server inspired by our friends at Keyhole International.

Our Arma 3 server (when it's actually online) is --> gs1.rapedungeon.net:2302