The Whitelist Server has now been officially decommissioned.
All tents have been moved to Taviana #2.
All Whitelist applications will be kept and can still be used if we (for some reason) decide on whitelisting again.
I know this will come as a shock to many of you, and plenty of players will be pissed with our decision.
We made this choice based on the following:
- Only 1-10 players were using it the majority of the time. It didn't meet the target we set out over 3 months ago.
- The application process is time consuming for both players and admins. The only guys who seem to make whitelisting work well are BMRF (who are the rare exception here)
- 90% of players were using it solely for farming. We didn't care initially as we planned on having it full (which would have minimised this behaviour). Unfortunately this is not the case.
- CPU, RAM & Bandwidth can be better utilised elsewhere, such as on new projects. We already have an Arma 3 server running and are toying with the idea of a DayZ Namalsk server (with the help of Keyhole International).
- We'd like to focus our player population on just two public Taviana servers. Generally speaking, increased players = more interesting gameplay.
Another request from our players was that we have a public day/night server. This is now Taviana #2, it is no longer 24/7 daytime.
Your abusive admin,